It’s been an long ugly race..tonight, we’re all gonna need a drink
The Nasty Woman
Here’s the recipe, which you can scale up or down to suit the size of your election night party:
Three parts silver tequila (made by the “bad hombres” of Mexico)
Two parts cherry juice (I like this one from Trader Joe’s)
One part lime juice
As many dashes of bitters as cocktails you plan to pour (10 drinks = 10 dashes)
Sparkling wine such as Champagne, prosecco or cava to top off each glass
Stir together the tequila, juices, and bitters and pour over a glass of ice, about 2/3 full. (You can pre-mix this in a pitcher for a crowd.)
Top off each glass with sparkling wine—about three parts of the tequila-juice base to one part wine. Garnish with a slice of lime.
The Shattered Glass
- 2 parts golden tequila
- 2 parts orange liqueur (e.g., Cointreau, Triple Sec, Grand Marnier)
- 8 parts champagne
- 1 sugar cube
- few drops of bitters
- few drops of pickled jalapeño juice
- 1-2 drops of sriracha sauce
- Drip the sriracha sauce into a measuring cup. Add tequila and orange liqueur, and mix it to break up the sriracha. Then pour into a fluted glass.
- Dip the sugar cube halfway into the pickled jalapeño juice. Add a few drops of bitters on the remaining side. Drop it into the glass.
- Pour the champagne into the glass. Garnish with a sliced jalapeño.
Sit back and savor the sweet, fizzy, and complicated taste of a Clinton victory.